I've been feeling pretty drab lately with my winter makeup routine, so I recently paid a visit to the MAC counter to see what they had to say. After sitting in the chair for a few minutes, I realized that I was probably going to walk out of the store with more makeup than I originally anticipated - and I did!
What I learned is that we go through phases and routines, and tend to stick with makeup regimens that work for us. There's nothing wrong with that, but sometimes even just switching up your lip color can make a big difference. Here's my how-to instructions on MY spring makeup!
1. Start with a clean face.
2. Add one pump of MAC Prep + Prime Base Natural Radiance.
3. In a T motion, brush the base on your face.
4. Start with your foundation. I use MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC15.
5. In that same T motion, brush the fluid on your face, making sure to get in all the creases.
6. Add your powder. I use Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Light Plus.
7. If you're like me, you need to pencil in your eyebrows. My brows always look more fresh with a bit of color. For this, I use just a cheap eyebrow pencil from Sephora, but feel free to use any that match your brows.
8. Now it's time to add your blush. I absolutely LOVE my new MAC blush "Azalea in the Afternoon."
9. Stroke the blush starting farther back on your cheekbone. The key with blush is to build it on gradually, not just with one stripe.
10. Now it's time for eyes. For this I used Girlie Satin Eyeshadow. Brush along your lid.
11. Add your crease color. I used Patina Frost.
12. Brush in the crease, and keep building on the color gradually.
13. Mascara is next. MAC False Lashes in Black I used.
14. Top your look off with some lipstick (I used MAC Faux) and you're ready to hit the town!
Enjoy these spring makeup tips! Pin It Now!