Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bye Bye Winter Blues


I have always dreaded this part of winter. It seems as if January and February are the longest months out of the year. Everyone is sick of the snow and cold, and ready for Spring. I have recently felt as if I myself was falling into this unhappy trap, until I switched it around and made some changes!
I have come up with five ways to beat the winter blues!

My first tip is simple. Organize. Organize your room, house, school notebooks, car, closet; everything! Life is always easier when things are neat and in order. One thing I cannot stand is when I can't find something. When your organized you will know where everything is, and feel neat and orderly. 

Grab your yoga mat, its time for some stretching! I get unbelievably tense in the winter, and it feels so uncomfortable! Doing yoga or pilates really helps you lengthen and stretch your muscles. It is so relaxing and rejuvenating! Instead of sitting on the couch curled up in a blanket eating chips, break a sweat and do some yoga or pilates. The best part is, we live in the day and age of workout DVD's so you don't even have to leave your house :)

Although I am a shopper, and love to go to the stores, sometimes I need a break from the mainstream. I love visiting fun vintage clothing and consignment shops. The intriguing part is that you never know what you are going to find. You could find an amazing vintage piece of jewelry, or you could find nothing. That is the beauty in it. The best part is that the items are generally inexpensive, so if your tight on money thrifty shopping is the way to go!

I don't know about you, but I definitely do not drink enough water, especially in the winter. Bad news for me, thats not good for my body at all! Good news is that I recently found these fun vibrant colored Bobble water bottles at Target. They filter the water as you drink, so you can fill the bottle with tap water and drink filtered water! Amazing! Now, I don't go anywhere without my Bobble water bottle! 

I'm pretty sure that I have found a definite way to beat the winter blues. It involves a little cash and some time, but over the years this has always done the trick for me.  Plan a trip. It can be a weekend trip, by plane, boat, car, bike, train you name it. Sometimes, we just have to get out of the environment we are living in for a little while and get a breath of fresh air somewhere else. Having something to look forward to will pull you out of any funk you may be in. I almost always fly Southwest Airlines. They have low fares sometimes starting at only $39 one way! Plan something! You will be relieved when you do.

So, show those winter blues who's boss ;)

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your thoughts! Thanks for commenting.